Hungry for good food and have some time/energy to share?
Join the farm this season by taking part in our CSA Workshare Program! In exchange for working 4 hours per week, between May - September (10 week commitment required), you will earn a Market Bucks equivalent ($300 value) for use at our Swift River Farm Stand and Farmer's Market booth. Plus, you will learn the basics of small scale, sustainable food production and discover just how fun (and delicious) life on the farm can be.
- Choose a shift day/time from the list available (see Work Share Application below). 4-hour shifts may be split up over two days, or all in one day. (We prefer that you keep the same schedule each week).
- Expect to help with planting, weeding, harvesting, washing vegetables and totes; plus an assortment of other farm chores.
- Be prepared to work outside in the sun or rain, where you'll be on your feet for hours at a time. Many jobs require bending over, kneeling, squatting, or lifting loads of 25+ lbs. You will be asked to work right alongside us and also independently, depending on the day.
- You'll need to be dressed appropriately for the weather and supply your own water bottles, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, rain gear, work gloves and footwear.
- Space is limited! It is important that our Work Share participants are a good fit for the farm. We want the experience to be as fun for you as it is for us! After completing the application process, if you are selected for the position, you will be asked to attend a 2 hour work share training and orientation session. This allows both you (and us!) the opportunity to evaluate the potential partnership!
Fill out the Work Share Application below to get started
Thank you for your interest! Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted by us as soon as possible to continue the application process.